We are delighted to welcome all runners to Ffos Las and we would like to outline changes to the ‘Behind Closed Doors’ owners’ experience due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The changes to our normal policy are driven by the Welsh Government’s requirements that large groups of up to 30 people have to gather outside for an event. There are also other recent changes to Covid19 regulations we must adhere to as well as the standard requirement of social distancing.
We will be ensuring you have the best possible experience in the circumstances but the following guidance is offered to owners to ensure we follow the current legislation.
- Two owners (or their representatives) can attend.
- Our race day staff will direct you to the owners’ parking area on arrival.
- Owners will be based in the ‘amber zone’ which includes most of the area in front and behind the main Grandstand including the viewing terrace.
- In order that we reduce the risk of having more than 30 people gathering outside, owners should arrive 30 minutes before their horse is due to run and plan to leave no more than 30 minutes after their race. However, these timings could be amended on the day if we are over-subscribed or alternatively, limited numbers of owners attend.
- Both owners (or their representatives) can be from different households.
- Unfortunately, any owners who live in an area currently locked down cannot attend the race meeting – please bring your driving licence with you to show evidence of your home address
- We apologise but owners are not allowed inside the buildings but there is cover from the elements in the Grandstand.
- Internal toilet facilities will, of course, be available.
- There is a big screen to view the racing.
- Face masks will be required on arrival but are not compulsory when inside the racecourse because you will be outdoors
- A complimentary afternoon tea box, tea, coffee, soup and water will be available. This will be ‘table service’ located at the rear entrance to the main Grandstand.
- There will be a cash bar.
- Winning owners will have a photo taken with their horse and there will be an area where owners can have a de-brief with their jockey and trainer.
- Winning owners will have a memento, a copy of the race on a memory stick and a framed photograph sent to them in the post a few days after the fixture.
- All owners should use the new NHS Covid 19 App when visiting Ffos Las. There will be a QR code on display at the entrance.
To enable us to ensure that all of the appropriate arrangements are in place and minimise risk for owners and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of all attendees to we need you to provide us with the details of those who will be attending by no later than 4pm on the day before the race meeting.
Please use the Racecourse PASS System to do this, via www.rcapass.com. If you do not have access to the PASS System or need any assistance in its use, please contact the PASS Helpdesk on 01933 270333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that the following requirements are also in place to allow us to provide entry, full details of which are available from the Return to Racecourse Guide for Owners and a summary is provided below
- All owners will need to complete a two-stage screening process. This includes the BHA’s Covid19 online learning module www.roa.co.uk/raceday/covid19/return/elearning.html health questions and a temperature check on arrival at the racecourse.
- All owners, guests and representatives must bring Photo ID with them to the racecourse. It is not essential to bring your PASS Card.
- As mentioned above owners will have access to a dedicated ‘owners zone’, which will be separated from race day workers (trainers, stable staff, jockeys, officials, media etc.), who have undergone a more rigorous health screening process. For infection control purposes, no movement will be permitted between the two areas of the racecourse but there will be a briefing area where owners can speak to trainers in line with protocols.
Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com